Monday 13 August 2007


Of all the benefits I've been noticing about being 100% raw (weight loss, feeling 'light' yet full, no cravings for S.A.D. foods, excellent skin, etc)...one thing that I've noticed that didn't sit well with me was sudden forgetfulness.

Spacing out in traffic has been a constant one lately. If I hear "Hey, where ya goin'?" one more time...why I...um...huh?



I have heard of symptoms of detox happening when one goes all raw, and I've experienced some myself on high raw, so I did a search on what might be ailing me. I have a streak of hypochondria so I was *really* hoping to find something raw-detox-related, because the alternatives are medically bleak.



I even developed a theory. Recently, I've been practicing EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and I've banished some fears and niggly what-nots.
(note to self: tap out hypochondria)

So I figured, hey, since I'm not anxiety-driven in traffic anymore, pardon the pun, I'm off in la-la-land thinking of other stuff, and missing turns, etc. This is good, right?

But it was nagging at me, since some of the older women in my family have headed towards memory loss.

My search turned up something that saved the day, namely this:

*"Since we obtain vitamin B12 only from animal foods in our diet, deficiencies tend to develop among strict vegetarians..."



Up until August, I've been eating fish and chicken in my diet, and now that I've been 100% raw, I have of course excluded this. Therefore, it makes sense to me that the missing puzzle piece is B12.




So I got in my car and drove to Caper's and got myself a box of NOW Instant Energy B12, got back home, and downed a glass.



I'll update if I remember. LOL








*From this brief Dr. Andrew Weil article. For a longer, more raw-foodist-related article, read: The Importance of B12 by Dr. Gabriel Cousens.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!