Sunday 12 August 2007

Pick a Peck o' Peppers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Wow! Wow! Wow! What a wonderful recipe! Your mouth will come alive...as alive as the foods you're eating! My uncooking weekend adventure continues...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Note: where the recipe says
~2 kg diced vegetables~
I used:
zucchini

celery
red pepper
banana peppers



Pepper Pot is an American Indian dish that originated in Guyana, where it is a national dish. It is also eaten in Antigua. This version is a very loose one.
Ingredients

1 cup mushrooms
1 cup whole almonds or other nuts/seeds
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 onion, chopped
4 scallions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 fresh hot chili pepper, seeded (adjust amount according to how hot you like your food)or 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (adjust according to your taste)
3 large tomatoes, diced
1-2 tablespoons dried thyme (taste as you add on)
1 kg diced vegetables
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together. Serve at room temperature or warmed by the dehydrator.


I have been eating this stuff all day! My boyfriend didn't make 'THE FACE' when he ate it, so I asked, "What's wrong?"


He couldn't put his finger on it, but it wasn't there for him.


I think it's there and back so I grilled him (haha) and I'm sure he just wanted me to go away so he said,

"Well, what are the spices?"


So I named them and he said, "That's it. Too much thyme."



Whatever!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket





I'm eating it like it's candy!!

For dinner, I loaded my plate up with green leafies, avocado, tomato, sour cream, and pepper pot and I enjoyed the HELL out of it!! :D
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yep, that's sour cream on there, that pink stuff! That's not just the photo, that's the actual color.
But theirs isn't pink, wtf?
hmmm.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!