Tuesday 7 August 2007

Raw Chili

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is so satisfying and filling and delicious! Don't let the blurry photo fool ya! It's out of Gabriel Cousen's book, 'Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine'. (not the photo, the recipe, lol) Anyway, it says to use a dehydrator, and I'm sure that just sends it over the top into tastyland, but I don't have one yet, and I just went for it without one, and still, I'm head over heels in love with this dish! If you have a food processor, you're good to go! But here is the recipe as it appears in the book, with my add-ons in brackets.

Chop up:
2 carrots
2 celery
1 red pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup leek (I did green onion)
Add about 1/4 cup olive oil and a touch of Celtic salt (I did sesame oil, and Himalayan rock salt)
stir it up and put it in your dehydrator for an hour. (I did not!)

During that time in the food processor add:
1/2 cup soaked sun dried tomatoes
4 tomatoes
2 avocados
1 T ginger (I had none and don't know what I missed!)
A little more Celtic/Rock salt
2 T Chili powder
2 t ground cumin
pinch o' cayenne (HOT!)
Mix this with the veggies above and put it back in the dehydrator for one more hour. (Or just mix it together and serve it up, as I did!)
YUMMMMMMM!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, how are you? I just wanted to tell you that I made this chili and it was wonderful! I searcehed many recipes before deciding on yours and I think it was because of the simplicity and ingredients that would most resemble cooked chili. I also made dehydrated crackers and raw "cheese" so I could make raw "frito pies" that were absolutely delicious! Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe!

Rawkin' said...

I just realized I did not reply here! My apologies!!

I'm delighted that you found this recipe to be wonderful! I love it too. I haven't made it in a long time and this reminds me that it's TIME!!

Thanks for writing; sorry it took so dang long to write back! :)

xo
Rawkin'

Vegan Conspiracy said...

Just made this, it was pretty good. needed some lime juice.

Rawkin' said...

Hi Vegan Conspiracy,

I haven't tried it with lime juice...how much did you use? I love this chili as it is, but I'm all for anything that can send it over the top!

xo
Rawkin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!