Tuesday 25 September 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
THAT'S what I'M talkin' about!!
At last, the spiralizer has entered the building!

(whatchootalkin'bout, Willis?)




I have experienced only frustration with my other spiral slicer, whose brand name will remain unnamed (ahem). I just didn't get the texture of pasta. I did adjust the blade and improved it, but it never reached where I knew it should be. Put it this way, I bought it, used it, and kept looking for a better one. To no avail. Until the raw thing goes more mainstream, it seems I'll have to order things from the States. Well, that's what I thought....



I went to Nelson, B.C. for the weekend and I was beyond delighted to find Rawfreshing Cuisine, (502 Front Street) a raw vegan organic deli! I'm sure deli is short for delicious!!

Oh. My. Gawd. Can this woman un-cook. Chantale Roy, the owner/chef is as refreshing as her menu. What a lovely woman. Turns out, we know a couple folks in common, one in 'real' life, and one in cyberspace, both raw supports for me.

I read about Rawfreshing Cuisine last month on a message board, and thought, Hey wow, I'll be in Nelson in late September, I'm going to have to look that up. Well, the month went by and I filed that thought, and it wasn't until we drove by it that it all came rushing back to me!

There it was!

I did a happy dance in the car! "This is the place! Oh my gawd! This is it, I know about this place, we've gotta go in!"

So the next day, when our friends asked to meet us at a S.A.D. restaurant (Standard American Diet) ;) I was wondering if I could be so bold as to re-direct our party to Rawfreshing... turns out, when I really need 'em, I've got EGGS, hahaha.

Everyone agreed, so that's where we ate.

We had to wait a bit before they arrived, and I had a chance to introduce myself to Chantale and we had a lovely chat. I was so gushy, almost like a groupie, lol, that I was embarrassed and a little shy but pushed through. I even asked if I could get a photo. I know that is weird and yep, very groupie-like but there was a method to my madness...I wanted to show my online friend that I was there! Besides, once you know me, you know that I am The Great Document-or. I photograph everything. Even mayflies, but that's another story for another time. ;)
Anyways, lookit us, we look like old pals! (Ya know when you just GET someone?)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Anyway, while we were waiting for our buddies, I noticed a shelf full of spiral slicers, the kind I've been coveting. Chantale said she orders them from the States ;) and this made me so happy, I could get one here! We only had a bit of cash on us, and thought, well...looks like next time...

Meanwhile, the folks arrived, so we switched gears and all got our food and sat down.
My friends were open, but uninformed about eating raw, and certainly unaware of what awaited them. We ordered quite an array of delights: pizza, wraps, apple torte...everything was so dang great. My friends were blown away by a) the concept and b) the taste sensations.

We had a wonderful time catching up, and as we were leaving, I guess my boyfriend had mentioned the spiralizer to one of our friends, because at the til, he handed it to me and said, "Happy Birthday" (my birthday is coming up, first week of October...close enough, haha!)
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Who's a happy raw girl??? :)


3 comments:

Toni said...

I don't know anything about raw eating I'll admit. But, how do you go about eating pizza?

Inquiring minds...

(kamper)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the spiralizer! What awesome friends you have!

Rawkin' said...

Check out this page: http://imsorawkin.blogspot.com/2007/09/raw-pizza-what.html You inspired a blog post with your question! xoxo
Pizza is one of the best things about eating raw!

Wildhearted, I DO have awesome friends, this is so true! The spiralizer (can't you hear the Arnie voice, lol)has been GREAT!! We had zugetti the other night and it rocked! The 'noodles' were easy to prepare, that sucker cranks 'em out effortlessly, and the texture, divine!!

Big hugs to you both xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!