Thursday 3 January 2008

Making the food = health connection

I've been hearing a lot of people talk about their ailments, and I've been struck by the lack awareness around health being directly affected by what they eat. In the same sentence, they say "Oh my aching ______" and that they could never give up their __________ (insert food of choice.)


I can understand not wanting to give up a certain food when you don't know what you're getting in return. I figure if they were aware of just what awaited them, they would never cling to something so harmful as cake.


Cake, harmful? But cake's so innocent! We serve it to our children for their birthdays! Cake is a treat! The very word C A K E conjurs up innocence and love and comfort and all things good.


Well not so much.


Cake = sugar and sugar is the devil.


I know. Whatever.


People can't hear this kind of stuff, it's too 'out there'. We all have to find things that work along the way, not jump over cliffs like lemmings. Things that people really hear, are things that they find themselves, not things that get shoved in their path.


Personally, I'm always bubbling inside with, "But don't you see...?"


I'm learning that I have to be the one to 'see'. See that this is my path.


It's just hard when I know that all that ails them could be gone if they switched to raw.


Sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!