Friday 8 February 2008

Kitchen Gadgets

Kitchen Equipment

Ain't nuthin' like the real thing, Baby... ain't nuthin' like the real thing...

Sing it with me! :D


The right tool for the job is everything. You know when you shake your head and go, "Why didn't I do this sooner??" Like the citrus juicer, it makes me hear choirs. No more pickin' seeds out of sting-y lemon juice.


Doodads that make life easier:


well-labled measuring spoons. I'm going to take my own advice and get some. I've squinted at mine for too long. They're silver with tiny silver writing, hello.
garlic press. Don't go for cheap, the good ones are worth the extra couple bucks.



little stackable measuring cups. These go from 1/8 cup to 1 cup.





apple corer/slicer. These go a long way when you're juicing or pie-ing.




a good peeler. This is still the best kind, to me...

A sink colander. Great for rinsing greens, not so great for rinsing soaked seeds. Well, it's fine...until you need to clean it. Took me so freaking long once to pick the &#$*@& seeds out of the mesh. But as I say, GREAT for rinsing bigger things. aheh. :?


These are pretty basic items, and all 100% useful! In a future post, we'll work our way up from basic and go for the OMG I WANT THAT items :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!