Monday 6 April 2009


I wonder if it's just me.

When I'm at the gym, running on the treadmill, I repeat a mantra that matches the rhythm of my breathing.

It is:

I am health
I am wealth
I am abundance
I am joy
I am gratitude
Thank you for my healing ...

I am health
I am wealth
I am abundance
I am joy
I am gratitude
Thank you for my healing... and on and on for 20 minutes.

It's gotta be good for ya, dontcha think? I certainly do. Beats the old days (about 4 years ago) when I would run, with a beer hangover no less, and focus on how tired I felt, how hard it was, and look at the timer and go, 'What?? Only 11 minutes?!' Now THAT can't be good for ya.

Luckily, all that running took me somewhere. Right into a sunny patch in my life, where I've shed my old behaviors and am living the health life of my dreams...which for me, means, I'm working on it and doing good things for myself.

My 17 year old asked me today if I ever go on the StairMaster, and I told him, 'Nah...that thing's brutal!' (I last tried it in my hangover workout days, and besides, I wasn't sure how to start it up, use it, etc, and nobody likes looking clueless at the gym, right? Isn't that the biggest reason women don't go?)

And so of course, he challenged me to do just 5 minutes on it. Brat!

Then he said, 'Mom, just look up and picture yourself climbing stairs to something you really want!' (Aw, smart kid!) What could I do but give him a big hug and tell him I'd do it.

I did have an awkward moment at first, when the dang thing wasn't moving much (but I was, lol) but I punched in 5 minutes and did it. It was a breeze and I coulda gone full on for another 15, besides, Ellen was on :) but the machine stopped at 5 and gave me a summary, and I thought, Oh well, since ya stopped...

So that's another cardio I can add to my repertoire. Gawd, I love that kid.

I did the rest of my workout and had a nice exchange with a young girl who musta been a fitness model, whoowee did she look great. Not at all bulky, but just such a great back and arms! We chatted a moment about what she does and I picked up a couple tips from her as well. Boy, I'm really opening up again. Honestly, on S.A.D., I just sort of sludge around and on RAW, I am vibrant and open. Really noticing it big time, and not just at the gym, but at my gig on Fridays, and with folks in general.

I had a fabulous smoothie this morning! I added 1/2 a juiced lemon to the blender and I loved what it did to it. The rest of the smoothie had romaine, baby spinach, a couple leaves of red cabbage, (don't make that face, ya can't taste it in thar! lol) apple, banana, frozen blueberries, and a chunk of pineapple. Man it was delish!! And it's now 1:30, post workout, and I'm still sated. Gotta love it.

Rawk on, Rawkers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!